If you haven’t purchased the items you need for your Thanksgiving meal, you better get to the grocery store! Here are a few items you may want to pick up for the snacks after the big meal.
- I purchased 1lb of Old Fashioned Sausage from Stewart’s Meats yesterday. Located in Yelm, Washington this is an old fashioned butcher shop.
- Sausage makes a great snack for “in-between” the big meal.
2. Ritz Crackers:
- You will need these crackers to hold your slice of delicious sausage.
3. Cheese Tray:
- I found a small tray of 28 slices of cheese with four different varieties at my local Safeway. You might want to rest your delicious slice of sausage on top of a slice of cheese.
4. Cheez Whiz:
- It’s the holidays. This is my treat to myself.
5. Beef Jerky:
- If you can splurge, purchase some nice quality jerky to snack on. I purchased elk and buffalo jerky from Stewart’s Meats.
- Because you have to balance the not so good snacks with the healthy snacks. Also, you never know if you have a vegetarian among you.
- I find that it’s cheaper to purchase a small bag of baby carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes, and cucumbers rather then purchasing a tray of veggies.
- To go along with the veggies purchase some ranch dressing or vegetable cream cheese dip.
7. Ingredients To My Homemade Apple Cider:
- Here is the link to the ingredients you will need for this recipe: http://onesassyhomemaker.com/2014/11/25/fall-banana-bread-with-a-side-of-apple-cider/
What other items would you purchase for your special Thanksgiving snacks?
Written By: Little Kristy